Monday, October 10, 2005

Rossum's Robots (The last time I promise)


So here is a quick synopsis of the play for those of you who missed my awe inspiring performance and are dying to know what happened.

I played Dr. Halemeir, a doctor of psychology on an island that is the home of Rossum's Universal Robots. We had designed robots to do all the work of man. They were strong and intelligent but had "no will of there own. No passion. No Soul."

Things were going great until this lady came along trying to "liberate" the robots, give them rights. She eventually convinced one of the scientist to develop the souls of the robots, making them more human.

Eventually the robots revolted against us. While everyone else was horror stricken at the sight of the robots revolting outside of the window, I took the opportunity to strike a pose for the camera.


We put up the best defense we could. We laid down electrical wire to "char the robots to cinders" and put up barriers where we could.




But, it was all to no avail. I defenses were to small when compared to the thousands of robots. Soon we were overtaken by the very robots we had created.


And though I was charged with the formidable and unthinkable task of making the last stand for human kind, I was caught off guard when the cowardly robot Radius, who had led the revolt, snuck up behind me and stab me in the back. It was a sad moment, and many an audience member wept. Not only for the lost of Dr. Halemeir, played by yours truly, but for what seemed like the end of mankind.
To be cont'd......

12 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

Talk about self promotion at its finest and a cliffhanger to boot.

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put Dr.. Self promotion at it's finest.. I'm proud of ya john wish i could have seen it. Also thanks for the memeory of the comic show in 8th grade~~
Jimmy

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Halemeir will be missed :( *single tear*

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it truely was a great death scene, the first of many im sure. but i dont remember any weeping....

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Fitz said...

Well...in such an emotional and tragic momment...I'm sure you don't remember everything that happened. The mind...has a way of blocking such things from our memmory. But...there was weeping! Everyone was weeping I tell you!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

This post is making me weep.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

In case you haven't gotten anything for my birthday...this is a really good deal.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

uh...kind of stole my own thunder with that one...here it is hehe.. http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/studio.cfm?mainStudioid=17

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Fitz said...

Your blatant use of MY blog for you own selfish wants sickens me! By the way this is what I want...http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=165&modelid=10350

Anybody else...?

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want world peace!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a puppy for everyone in the world. If you're allergic to puppies, then take Claritin dammit!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics i remeber a young john and his duck drawings oh how he has grown
~jimmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home