Sunday, August 07, 2005

Cooter's "family values"

In a recent article on his website, Ben "Cooter" Jones blasted the new Dukes of Hazzard movie, stating "Don't go unless they clean it up". I had no idea Cooter was such a moralist. He goes on to say the new movie is a "sleazy insult" to all those who care about the Dukes of Hazzard. Speaking of the original show he says, "ours is a classic family show with positive values" and the new movie uses "blatant sexual situations that mocks the good clean family values of our series" and displays an "arrogant disrespect for our show, for our cast, for America's families and for the sensibilities of the heartland of our country".

Well Cooter, I for one agree with you. I can think of nothing better than returning to the positive family values that the original Dukes of Hazzard upheld. All of today's youth should be so lucky as to have a role model like Uncle Jesse, who apparently never worked an honest day in his life but smuggled moonshine with his two nephews. And Bo and Luke who show a consistent disrespect for the law and speed around town blowing up everything are exactly what we should emulate today. And last but not least, Daisy Duke....well that's just too easy. Nothing screams family values like a women in short shorts draped over a car.

Yes Cooter, we need more men like you and more shows like the Dukes of Hazzard. Yee-Haw.














Click here for an in depth study of today's moral values represented in american intertainment.

6 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said John.. Well Said!
~Jimmy

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For more good family clean fun on the new Hazards movie I think we should all check out the Jessica Simpson video for "These Boots Are Made For Walking."

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Fitz said...

As a public service I'll supply a link on my original post. I do it for the kids.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, ok, so we all have our opinions on hollywood's relentless subscription to fast cars and T&A, but John, I'm still waiting on your review of The Devil's Rejects!!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Fitz said...

I actually read a good interview with Rob Zombie in Moviemaker magazine that gave me more respect for the movie than I had had. But, I would risk loosing my conservative image were I to actually see the movie. Jimmy over at www.jimsloo.com thought it was good though. Oh, and by the way thank you for gracing us with our presence.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But of course, anything for a friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home