Friday, July 28, 2006

48HFP-Day 3, Sunday


8:00 Woke-up with renewed spirits and continued editing
12:00 Jared came over and viewed the footage so far
12:30 Considered dumping all of the sound and dialogue and covering the whole thing with music
12:45 Took lunch break and ate leftover Pizza from Friday
1:00 Decide it wouldn’t help, went back to editing
1:15 Jamie showed up and we shot the final sequence (actually one of the first in the movie)
2:00 Back to editing
3:00 Laid down the music tracks graciously provided by Niro and Secondhand Stories
3:30 Realized the music is far superior than the movie I was making
3:35 Started hoping the bands don’t regret allowing me to use their music
4:00 Realized I hadn’t put in any of the credits or title screens
4:45 Realized I didn’t have a name for the movie, settled on Jasper Fly
5:00 My goal of leaving for Greensboro by 5:00 went unrealized
5:30 Left to meet members of the team I had forgotten to get release forms from
5:50 Had to stop and fill the car up with gas
6:00 Left Southern Pines with exactly 1hour 30minutes to turn in film on time
7:15 Parked car
7:20 Turned in film
7:23 Passed by another filmmaker with laptop in his hand. He was burning the DVD as he walked in.
7:24 Realized I had an extra 5 minutes I could have used on my film that it desperately needed.
7:30 There is always next year.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

The important thing is that you did it!...and that is what you tell people who criticize your work. You actually made a film--you should be proud. I hope you are planning on compressing it and hosting it on your blog for all the world to see. Your feet are wet--now get out there and do another (maybe I can actually help this time).
DrPsych2b

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Fitz said...

Please don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the experience very much and plan on doing it again next year. Also I am very greatful for all the help I received. Everyone worked really hard and did a great job. I learned a tremendous amount over the weekend. Especially editing. With each problem I created while shooting I had to come up with a soluting while editing. Very educational. I don't mind criticism. I'm first in line in pointing out the errors. It's jus like the old saying what's the difference between a professional photogropher and an amatuer. It's not the quality of the fotos, it that an amatuer photographer shows you ALL of his fotos and a professional just shows you his best. This would fall under "the fotos I don't show catagory". With that being said, I plan on uploading it soon enough. I have quite a few paying projects I'm working on editing so I have to finish those first.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger W. said...

Congrats on finishing, man! Can't wait to see it.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Live and learn! Hope I can help out next year!

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should post a copy of the Movie on You TUbe so we all can see. I know the guys from niro and they would love to put a link on the site. Also you might want to check in maybe do a small video for one of NiROs new songs from the album. One you post on you tube you can actually see how many people want to or have seen it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home