Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"I Pooted"

So I'm driving down 220 in Winston-Salem, NC, returning from a weekend with my parents. My wife and I are chatting away when suddenly I see a bright red billboard with no other markings or words on it other than, "Clowns hate Tangelos." I had no idea. First, I did not know clowns hated tangelos. Second, I did not know their disdain had reached a level that they felt compelled to take out a billboard ad to proclaim their hatred to the world. Just at the moment when my deep pondering of this profound statement reached it's climax I saw another bright and plain billboard that read, "I'm a Hot Toe Picker." Wow, I thought, that's deep. I'm not even sure what that means. My mind was swirling, trying to make sense of these seemingly unrelated yet connected phrases. Like Tom Hanks trying to decipher the interrelated messages from ancient painters, I ran these phrases over and over through my mind. It was at this time that I viewed the final message from this unknown entity. It read simply, "I pooted."

P.S. If you have children, you may have figured this out long before I did.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger W. said...

I guess the superstitions were correct. The world HAS come to an end.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

I have kids...and I don't get it. Iz that mean there's something wrong wit' dem? I blame big govement.
DrPsych2b

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really don't know??? "I'm a hot toe picker" is the weather report for Topeka Kansas. "It's hot in Topeka....My toe is hot, pick it....I'm a hot toe picker"

You have to watch "Foster's home for imaginary friends" to really love this billbords.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Fitz said...

I really thought you guys knew this. They are quotes from shows on the Cartoon Network. Hence, the "if you have kids..." line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home