Monday, June 05, 2006

Movies Movies Movies

Here is a list of movies I have seen as of late and movies I am looking forward to.

First of all if you have not already seen it, go out and rent Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I loved this movie. It’s very different. I enjoyed the story, I enjoyed Jim Carrey, and I enjoyed how they visually captured things like running through someone’s mind. I can’t say enough about this one. Check it out.

Ok., to the big screen. X Men III. I loved this one too. Other than some extremely cheesy moments, “Charles always wanted to build bridges” I believe this is my favorite X-men. Even though the second has some great action/fight scenes I thought the story in this one was the best of the three. The ending was satisfactory enough. And though they left it open for another installment I hope they stop now before they screw it up. Jackman will be back in a year or so for the Wolverine spin-off. Check out the Ghost Rider preview at the begging of this one as well.

The Break-up. Will this man ever stop? Vince Vaughan makes Will Farrell seem unfunny. There, I said it. This is a good comedy, plenty of laughs, decent story and I think Jennifer Aniston’s best big screen performance since Office Space. (I just wanted to mention Office Space)

What to look for later this year?

Superman Returns
Pirates of the Caribbean
A Scanner Darkly
Fearless (Jet Li)
Fan Boys (yea, I’m geeking out again)
Snakes on a Plane

So there you have it.

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger W. said...

I love Eternal Sunshine, it's such a great movie. X3 was great as well, and I really want to see The Break-Up.

(P.S. How could you not mention Clerks II in the upcoming movies?)

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, im so excited for pirates. that could be the best movie this summer. also the break-up was hilarious. i actually laughed out loud a few times.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger W. said...

Did I see a different movie than you guys? I really didn't care for it. It didn't seem like a comedy at all; I maybe laughed once.

Vince Vaughn was good though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home