Sunday, May 21, 2006

Da Vinci Code Vs. Over The Hedge

Two new movies opened this weekend going head to head, and there is no doubt who's the clear winner. Over the Hedge is much funnier than The Da Vinci Code! What was Ron Howard thinking? An albino monk going around killing people, that's not funny. And Tom Hanks as the not so funny symbologist. He should take lessons from Bruce Willis, now that's a funny raccoon. And what's with all the confusing talk about saints, churches, and popes? How is a kid supposed to follow all that? A bunch of talking animals trying to steal food from humans, now that's entertainment for the masses. Well Ron can't win them all. Maybe next time he wants a successful comedy he'll stay away from "shocking secrets that could shake the very foundations of society."

5 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger W. said...

Do I sense some distaste for Da Vinci? I thought it was really good.

Seeing Over the Hedge on Thursday.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you guys have protests going on at the theater, too? I saw it opening night and there were news crews filming the pickets and signs and people saying the movie was "anti-christian".

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Fitz said...

OK so I didnt particularly care for Da Vinci. But, it had nothing to do for the "controversial" content. I really enjoyed the book. I can't really put my finger on it. It was just unsatisfying. We didn't really have much comotion about it here localy or in NC for that matter.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger W. said...

I liked Over the Hedge a lot, but I'd still have to say I prefer Da Vinci.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

Re: "protests"--when will mainstream Christians realize that most of these controversial films raise more questions than they answer and thereby increase interests in religion, specifically Christianity.
BTW--I have officially fallen back into the fold and made an entry to my blog
http://drpsych2b.blogspot.com/
You may now add me back to your sidebar.
DrPsych2b
(P.S.--how do I change this hideous red photo to something else--can't find the option to upload a new image)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home