Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Bag Update

Well, we are smack dab in the middle of making our fist short film. After our first day of shooting we edited together a teaser trailer which some of you may have seen. We have received a lot of positive response back from it and even better it has peaked peoples interest to want to know more about The Bag. We submitted the teaser to the local film group that gathers once a month to view local independent short films. So, the teaser will have it’s first “debut” this Thursday.

After our second day of eventful shooting (see Jimmy’s blog) we have a little over half the film “in the can”. Jimmy and I sat down to edit and see if we could convert what we had shot to match the images we had in our heads. We actually completed a rough edit of about the first minute and 15 sec (not editing sound or music) and it really looks good. Well, it’s the way I envisioned it anyway, whether it’s good or not I don’t know. It will probably be a week or more until we can’t get together and finish filming, because of our “real” jobs.

As a side note, I had always wanted my first production company to be named Fitzufilms. Jimmy uses the name Divine Tomfoolery. Since we are working together we have tried to come up with a name that would fit us both. The Bag will be a Fitzufilms and Divine Tomfoolery production but, all films that follow from our collaboration will be called FitzFoolery! Good day, and thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger W. said...

I've just recently finished the first act of the script on Sunday, and it's turning out pretty good. If you're a fan of Kevin Smith, you'll definitely like my script.

I probably won't post a public link to my script, but you and Jim can both expect e-mails whenever I feel it's ready to be read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home