Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Good Night, and Good Luck - 5 out of 5

It's been a while since I've done a movie review. Mostly because I have been too involved in my own projects but, also because I realized I don't have the talent to articulate my thoughts on what I think and feel about films. But, I couldn't see this movie and not say something about it. Directed by George Clooney, this film tells the story of several ABC reporters (most notably Edward R. Murrow) who stand up against Senator McCarthy during his infamous Communist scare. I really enjoyed this movie and I think it's a great example of good story telling. I was fascinated by this film. It is so simple. There are no gun fights, car chases, special effects and yet I was glued to my seat. Even the sets are simple and redundant, consisted of barely more than the ABC offices and studio. I admire George Clooney for letting history tell the story and being talented enough to tell it without feeling the need to introduce some ridiculous love story to keep us entertained while the real story continues almost in the background (ie. Titanic). After watching the film I gained an admiration for Edward R. Murrow and his colleagues. This is one I would definitely go see before it's too late.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger DrPsych2b said...

Just out of curiosity, didn't Clooney do another historical, black/white made for TV where they actually performed the whole thing live? Am I the only one that sort of remembers this one?
Also, you need to do a quick edit and post some of your footage from the bag.
DrPsych2b

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the teaser looks good. can't wait to see the finished product. would jimmy be able to show this on the big screen at one of the theaters for prmiere night? I know its not going to be made out of a film reel, but just asking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home